CREATIVE KIDS CLASS
Time: 9-10 am, 10:15-11:15am, 11:30-12:30pm ( 4 year olds with mommy)
5:30-6:30pm Ages: 7.5-14,
Location: Trescott Street Gallery
8 Trescott Street, Taunton, MA 02780
** When you sign up please indicate class time frame**
Come join us in the world of sewing and start creating! This is an educational environment that will help your children learn the skill needed to begin there love for sewing and creating. While learning another important skill used in everyday life. This class 101 is great for students 7-14 who want to sew and have little to no sewing experience. These lessons will provide children with an introductory to machine sewing and safety. ( at these ages the knowledge of the machine is my first priority) I will give each student my personalized attention at times during the 4 week session, they will learn hand sewing and machine sewing. Hand sewing is extremely important in finishing and creating your sewing projects. Your child will enhance their skills in this session and make new friends that share their same passion. They will bring home at least one great project.
CLASS GOALS :
- Learn how to do different hand sewing stitches.
- Learn how to thread a sewing machine and how to wind a bobbin properly
- Learn basic stitch techniques
- Cover the basics of several important sewing tools
- Provide a solid foundation and understanding of the world of sewing
- Learn about the different types of thread, needles, and pins
- Learn how to change the needle on a sewing machine and correct needle for machines and projects.
- Briefly talk about different kinds of fabrics
- Discuss machine preservation and safety
YOU WILL LEAVE WITH:
- At least one completed projects
- Instructions for the completed project
- List of beginner terms
- List of some local fabric stores
- General information on basic sewing supplies and sewing machines
$80 plus $10 fabric fee and Feel free to bring your own sewing machine or borrow one from me for a one-time $5 fee. ( if you need to borrow a machine please email so I have enough with me).